Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.

Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character progression

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdock

Murdock

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
Character progression 1J4tKN4335/335Character progression Empty_bar_bleue  (335/335)
Experience:
Character progression Left_bar_bleue340/500Character progression Empty_bar_bleue  (340/500)

Character progression Empty
PostSubject: Character progression   Character progression EmptyThu Nov 30 2017, 16:37

Balancing player progression is tough, you don't want the player to have to grind to the point it's not fun, but you also don't want this ramp up to god mode. My concern is relating to perks. The way it's set up now, you're penalizedfor not maxing out your intelligence, with a cost of late game character building. Ie, if you're a bruiser who puts all of his points into strength, endurance, and agility, you will lose in the late game against a bruiser who has maxed out his int, because he will have i think more than double your perks. My idea is this: make every 10th level a milestone that rewards you with a perk point. This will help low int players come online for the late game, while high in't players already have enough perks that 10 extra won't matter.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

Character progression Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character progression   Character progression EmptyThu Nov 30 2017, 22:04

It's not a bad idea. Lets see, if each character had a perk every 10 levels regardless of their INT it would end like this:

15 INT: Perk every Level. (Maximum obtainable Perks 103)
13-14 INT: Perk every 2 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 62, Originally it was 53)
10-12 INT: Perk every 3 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 43, Originally it was 37)
7-9 INT: Perk every 4 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 37, Originally it was 28)
4-6 INT: Perk every 5 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 32, Originally it was 23)
2-3 INT: Perk every 6 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 28 Originally it was 19)
1 INT: Perk every 7 Levels. (Maximum obtainable Perks 25, Originally it was 17)

As you can see people gain more perks, but the difference is not so noticeable, I'll talk it with the other admins and discuss adding your idea.
Back to top Go down
https://fallout-nukaloha.rpg-board.net

Character progression
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here. :: 
Introduction
 :: 
Questions and Suggestions
-
Jump to: