Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.

Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Character Conflict Resolutions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Murdock

Murdock

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
Character Conflict Resolutions 1J4tKN4335/335Character Conflict Resolutions Empty_bar_bleue  (335/335)
Experience:
Character Conflict Resolutions Left_bar_bleue340/500Character Conflict Resolutions Empty_bar_bleue  (340/500)

Character Conflict Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Character Conflict Resolutions   Character Conflict Resolutions EmptyFri Dec 01 2017, 04:59

so, I like to do a lot of thought experiments, try and solve conceivable issues, and just play around with different ideas. this one comes courtesy of the discord.

so, when you're in an argument with someone, you almost never get to exposit a book uninterrupted. people cut you off, and argue points, things can get heated. the problem with PBP is that people can write a new York times best seller on the higher ideas of their conception of reality, and then the other person has to argue with a wall of text. it can be frustrating, and most of the time, people don't even mean to do it.

this is where my idea comes in. if two (or more) characters, are in an argument, or even a conversation, we schedule a time for them to be on together, and take it into the Discord server. you get 5 lines max at a time, or however much we decide, and then you post it. you don't have to wait to comment again, but then the other person can post, and you have a conversation like that. then, when it's done, one of the parties involved, or a mod should they so choose, will take the convo and put it in a word doc for editing. each participant can edit the text for style, but it can't change the meaning. then they can add flair (Murdock clenched his fist and shouted, "BLAH BLAH BLAH") but the flair can't change the context of the convo (pulling a gun versus wagging a finger have very different contexts). when all is said and done, it will be given to a mod and posted in the thread.

now, I am totally willing to admit that this is WAAAAAAY more work than most people may be willing to do to for the kind of conversational realism it may provide. if we were going to be publishing these threads professionally as story collaborations between writers, then maybe it would make sense, and if anyone wants to give it a go, I think it would make for some great content, but I am in no way suggesting that this be forum policy, I just think it's a cool idea.
Back to top Go down
Bad Karma
Admin
Bad Karma

Character Conflict Resolutions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Character Conflict Resolutions   Character Conflict Resolutions EmptyFri Dec 01 2017, 09:55

It is a neat idea, but doing something like this vastly inconveniences everyone. We may be able to pull it off every once in awhile, but I can assure you that something like this won't be the norm. It is just way easier to do it in a by post format.

Now people can do collab posts, where they get in some writing program and just write in real time. But there's a lot of different factors to that. If you want to try it with someone, by all means, go for it. It's just not gonna become common practice.
Back to top Go down

Character Conflict Resolutions
Page 1 of 1