Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.


Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» A Chance Encounter
Sun Sep 23 2018, 21:13 by Good Karma

» Kanaloa's many Sons
Tue May 29 2018, 14:03 by Ronny

» Drums of the Dead
Thu May 17 2018, 05:00 by David Marsh

» Shops in Kaho’olawe
Sat Mar 17 2018, 23:08 by Overseer

» David Marsh
Sun Mar 04 2018, 09:27 by David Marsh

» Ronny the Oafish Super Mutant
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:12 by Overseer

» K8-43, "Kain"
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:12 by Overseer

» Kaui Williams
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:10 by Overseer

» Akoni Kahue
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:09 by Overseer

» Rat Stomping
Fri Mar 02 2018, 11:45 by Overseer

» Jiang Heishui
Sat Feb 24 2018, 10:33 by Overseer

» 'Saint', Psyker
Mon Feb 19 2018, 18:52 by Overseer


Share | 
 

 Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 13:47

The Military Ruins. Long had you thought this area to be completely under Ohanan control. To your surprise, you've heard of an area within the ruins where there is virtually no military presence. What luck. You've heard of pre-war technology deep within these ruins, and drawn to this prospect, you've come to explore. You've been wandering around the ruins for a couple days now, not quite sure what you're looking for.

It's evening now, and you've set up a small camp. Sitting, looking over a map of the area, you hear the sound of footsteps and rocks crumbling in the distance. Curious, you look over a ridge of rubble behind you. To your surprise, you see a group of people making their way through the ruins. From what you can tell, they don't appear to be raiders. They look fairly uniform and professional. They have flashlights, helmets, and are all carrying what look to be assault rifles.

These people are obviously on a mission and could be dangerous.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 15:43

The belligerent cyclops paced back and forth the campsite in evident frustration. Her metallic fingers rapped noisily against the hilts of her blades beneath the murky darkness of her shroud. A creaky groan could be heard uttered from within the malfunctioning vocal box deep within her throat as if to exaggerate her current emotions. If there were any doubt that the assaultron were able to experience any sort of ennui, all of them would be completely destroyed by now. She shook her head violently, peering out to the distance and becoming even further annoyed by the fact that there was absolutely nothing to be seen, not for miles. Nothing had happened for days; they had found nothing, they had murdered nothing and they had achieved nothing.

VY turned to Omni and was just on the edge of saying something out of turn, but with an erratic twitching of her neck and head her programming immediately came into play. What would've been a display of her displeasure through speech glaringly lacking of any concept of the word 'euphemism' turned into the curt questioning of a curious child. "For how much longer are we going to keep at this, Master Omni? It's been days and we've yet to discover anything, " the assaultron rasped out in a trembling and sickly distorted mechanical voice.

Suddenly, there was movement. As if by some magnificent show of grace by the heavens, VY might finally be able to satiate her blood lust. The sight of the armed group enthused her greatly, but she could not help but look back over to Omni, shaking her head as her programming forced her to carefully evaluate the situation. She stepped in front of Omni and carefully examined the approaching group. How many of them were there? Were they in good shape? Were they armoured? All of these questions darted through her mind as she grabbed onto the hilts of her machetes.

(PER roll to examine them? She has 5 PER but I'm not sure if that's supposed to be +10 to rolls like this.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 15:43

The member 'VOLT-Y666' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 13
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Omni

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-12-01
Age : 32

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
65/100  (65/100)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 15:54

Omni watched as his robotic companion paced back and forth in evident frustration, shaking his head. "Our vigil serves a purpose, Vy. Who knows.." His words drifted off as he spoke, noting the arrival of the well armed group near the ruins. He quickly got low, crouching down as he gestured for Vy to do the same. "Shhh, shh. See there? Our patience pays off." He murmured, self satisfaction evident in his tone. "Now, I wonder if it's the Ohana's trying to reclaim their factory...that'll put a damper on our pillaging it for tech, hmm?" He remarks, shaking his head.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 16:52

VY takes the getting hidden thing a bit further than her master, attempting to conceal herself well enough to avoid detection but still remaining close enough to Omni to protect him if anything goes wrong.

(+29 to rolls for stealth.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 16:52

The member 'VOLT-Y666' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 37
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Tue Dec 12 2017, 17:12

[For PER rolls, your PER stat is added to the roll; in this case, +5.]

[PER is 18, Stealth is 66]

The only thing VY is able to discern about the group is that they do not appear to notice you and are heading somewhere else; there are 4 of them. As VY attempts to analyse them, she almost completely hides her presence although maintaining her position in front of Omni.

Both characters watch the soldiers as they go by. At one point, they seem to stop and check a piece of paper for a few minutes, eventually setting off again. There is a small, crumbled building they head toward. They search around the perimeter, and as they disappear from view around the back, they do not reappear.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 03:20

VY quietly calls out to Omni in a tone that is as just distorted and sinister as always, "Follow along, Master Omni. There is  obviously something in that building those people want, which is why we should follow them and liberate it from their cretinous grasp." Her voice takes a turn for what one can assume to be sarcastic, an eerie chuckle echoing from among bruised and battered metal, "I can't even put into words how upset I would be if these filthy sub-beings kept us from profiting off of this little venture."

Silently moving from her position she begins to close the distance to the building, an eager feeling of trepidation welling up within her blackened core as she readies herself for whatever may come.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-12-01
Age : 32

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
65/100  (65/100)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 06:33

Omni nodded silently as he readied his laspistol, falling in stead behind Vy. He hated running into potentially violent situations, and his nervousness was obvious in the tremor in his voice as he spoke. "Let's be cautious...those men looked a bit more prepared then what we see on a caravan raid..." He mumbled. "Try and keep out of sight...don't engage unless we have no other choice..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 11:07

Moving cautiously across the ruins, Omni struggles a bit to keep up with VY's large strides. As you approach the building the men disappeared behind, the first thing you notice about is that, up close, there's no obvious entrance. Both Omni and VY circle around the building, but there appears to be no entrance at all. Bewildered, Omni wonders where the men went.

VY is growing impatient and more frustrated with each passing moment. Anxious to dig her blade into the men she just saw, she slams a fist into the side of the building. Omni notices out of the corner of his eye a metal plate on the ground. He crouches down, and upon further inspection discovers it's a hatch. Omni points out the hatch to VY.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 14:52

A groan of protest is heard from one of the assaultron's worn thighs as she drops herself onto her knees and immediately begins prying open the hatch. It doesn't take long at all for one of her immense strength to get it completely open and she then casts a quick glance inside to see what she can make out. Even with all her excitement she knows better than to rush off into danger, especially when she might put her precious Broken Volts handler at risk. She peered up at Omni for a moment before resuming her scan with a set of clear mission objectives simultaneously running through her corrupted mind.

ACQUIRE INTEL ON CONTENTS OF THE FACILITY.

RETRIEVE DATA OR ARTIFACTS FOR STUDY BY THE BROKEN VOLTS.

KILL SILENTLY IF POSSIBLE. DO NOT PUT MASTER OMNI AT RISK.

STAND DOWN ONLY IF ORDERED TO DO SO BY MASTER OMNI.

IF MASTER OMNI IS ATTACKED... EVISCERATE ALL HOSTILES WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

Quickly determining suitable parameters for the mission at hand she analyzes her findings after peering into the entrance, flashlight function of her single eye turning on only if needed.

(+5 for PER roll to see what's inside.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 14:54

(Oops, forgot to roll in my last post.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 14:54

The member 'VOLT-Y666' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 54
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Wed Dec 13 2017, 15:49

As VY shines her light down the hatch, she is able to determine that the armed men from earlier are not around the hatch. She also notices that there's a ladder leading down from the hatch to the bottom of the underground room. There's lots of concrete rubble on the ground everywhere. Scraps of rusted metal lie about here and there.

There is a shallow layer of water on the ground about an inch thick and you hear an extremely distant whirring sound. It sounds muffled and far away, but present nonetheless. Perhaps an indicator of machinery running underground; perhaps something else. If you wish to find the men you saw earlier, you must get moving before you lose them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Omni

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-12-01
Age : 32

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
65/100  (65/100)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 03:48

Omni glances about nervously, before turning to Vy. "I don't see them..." He murmurs. "I wonder why they are here..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 05:02

Lowering herself through the entrance she quickly gets a real feeling of how broken and ruined this building truly is. As the light shining from her eye illuminates the area around her she moves along with catlike grace and athleticism. Jutting pieces of metal are moved around with the flair and ease of an acrobat with nimble movements guiding her dark visage through the concrete rubble in the midst of the shallow layer of water. It's not that she doesn't care for Omni to keep up though, she looks back ever so often to make sure that he is following along but is careful to not speak loud enough to expose herself to those that lay within.

With zero intention of allowing the men to get an even larger lead, VY picks up the pace, slinking along through the shadows with a murderous aura emanating from deep within her electronic soul.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 05:14

(Second sneak roll if needed. +29)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 05:14

The member 'VOLT-Y666' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 19
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 13:46

VY jumps down into the water below and takes a quick glance around. Omni is close behind. The room you now stand in consists of concrete walls that are wet, cracked, and starting to crumbling. You're standing on a concrete floor with a shallow layer of water in the middle. There room departs into a tunnel that has a sharp right turn.

VY sneaks her way around the corner to find nothing but a closed, metal door. Omni follows behind and they're both standing before the door.

[Both attempt a PER roll.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 15:30

VY seems more than just a little irritated at the closed door to her front. She traces her cold fingers along the hilts of both her machetes before removing her hand from her hood. Feeling about the surface of the door she searches for any possible clue as to how to open it, turning to Omni with an obvious gesture that she would like some assistance.

(+5 for PER rolls.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Thu Dec 14 2017, 15:30

The member 'VOLT-Y666' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 53
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Omni

avatar

Posts : 11
Join date : 2017-12-01
Age : 32

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
65/100  (65/100)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Fri Dec 15 2017, 03:46

Omni frowns as studies the metal door closely, mumbling to himself as he does so...

(+4 to Per roll)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 516
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Fri Dec 15 2017, 03:46

The member 'Omni' has done the following action : Dices roll


'1d100' : 41
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Luck Stat

avatar

Posts : 30
Join date : 2017-12-09

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Fri Dec 15 2017, 12:33

As you approach the metal door, VY gets up close to the door to hear any signs of people on the other side. You hear the faint sound of jets burning coming from beyond. There is something on the other side, but you don't hear sounds that indicate a human presence. How far could they have gotten?

Omni searches the door itself for a way to open it. After a semi-thorough search, there appears to be nothing on the door that will open it. You begin to search the surrounding area and when you notice a metal plate bolted to the wall.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VOLT-Y666

avatar

Posts : 19
Join date : 2017-12-02

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
476/500  (476/500)
Experience:
50/200  (50/200)

PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   Sat Dec 16 2017, 02:12

The sound of the burning jets inspires caution in the bot if only for a second. After the location of the metal plate in the wall VY immediately turns her attention over to it, head tilting inquisitively at Omni momentarily. Wasting no time she walks over to it and shoves at it to the sound of impressively strong but yet still creaking mechanical arms. Firmly pressing herself against the floor with a stabilizing stance she puts her weight into it before it finally gives way.

The bot's metallic fingers clang quietly against the hilts of her machetes as she steps in front of Omni, directing him to stand back as she waits for the mechanism she possibly just activated to take effect. She drops into a ready posture as the flashlight shining from her single eye begins pulsing erratically and gradually turning to a subtle shade of crimson. Whatever is behind that door will not get the jump on her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]   

Back to top Go down
 
Into the Heart of the Machine (Part 1) [VOLT-Y666, Omni - CLOSED]
Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Be Careful -- She'll Break Your Heart ( Forcer Wanted )
» Heart Song
» Zack:. -Small body, big heart! (Scroll)
» Hot Tub Time Machine [Open]
» Pretty Hate Machine characters (on Gaia).

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here. :: 
O’ahu
 :: 
Ruins of Honolulu
 :: Military Ruins
-
Jump to: