Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.


Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» A Chance Encounter
Yesterday at 20:18 by Jiang Heishui

» Drums of the Dead
Mon Apr 02 2018, 08:40 by David Marsh

» Kanaloa's many Sons
Sun Apr 01 2018, 20:05 by Ronny

» Shops in Kaho’olawe
Sat Mar 17 2018, 23:08 by Overseer

» David Marsh
Sun Mar 04 2018, 09:27 by David Marsh

» Ronny the Oafish Super Mutant
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:12 by Overseer

» K8-43, "Kain"
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:12 by Overseer

» Kaui Williams
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:10 by Overseer

» Akoni Kahue
Sat Mar 03 2018, 11:09 by Overseer

» Rat Stomping
Fri Mar 02 2018, 11:45 by Overseer

» Jiang Heishui
Sat Feb 24 2018, 10:33 by Overseer

» 'Saint', Psyker
Mon Feb 19 2018, 18:52 by Overseer


Share | 
 

 The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Mon Dec 18 2017, 08:14

Murdock left the ruins of Honolulu, none the richer. He needed some work, because his roach bars weren’t going to last forever. If there was one skill Murdock could always count on, it was his failsafe ability to pick things up and put them down. And not just things, but heavy things. This lent itself well to farm work.

The problem is, Super Mutants usually aren’t the friendliest of characters, so whenever Murdock approaches a farm, the inhabitants of said farm usually assume he’s there to pillage and plunder. But Murdock is smarter than your average super mutant. When he finds a farm that allows him to work, he asks them to escort him to the next farm to work. This usually ensured that, when seeing their neighbor casually in his company, most farmers were hesitant to shoot at him.

So, Murdock found himself on a farm. Palakiko farm to be exact. Previously in the week he had worked on Mahelona farm, and Ka’uhane farm. But now, he was here, with a little boy watching him fashion a piece of arm equipment from scrap so he could plow large portions of field at once. A fender, a metal rod, some sheet metal, and an old shovel, and he was ready to go.

Murdock found the children the most interesting when he did farm work. Initially, he was always met with fear, an appropriate response. But quickly, usually within hours, the children overcame their trepidation to watch and inquire and play with Murdock like an old chum. The adults almost always put a stop to this, as they never lost their healthy, lifesaving, fear of what had, in the past, been a sight of sheer terror, but the children had much less of this conditioning.

So, Murdock worked. He plowed fields. He ripped up stumps. He moved old cars that hadn’t been moved in over a century. He leveled ground to make it easier to farm. And he got a few meals and a roof over his head.

Murdock was plowing the Palakiko field when the young master Mahelona came running. Murdock hadn’t seen the boy of 8 since he’d left several days ago, but here he was, white as a sheet and gasping for breath.

“Murdock, Murdock, you’ve got to help.”

Murdock bent down, swung his forearm under the boy’s legs, and lifted him in a sitting position to be eye level, “What is wrong? Murdock help.”

The boy, still gasping, overcame his surprise and began speaking rapidly, “Raiders attacked our farm and took my sister Rachel. My dad went in to town to get help, but they can’t take on the raiders. You’re the strongest person I’ve ever seen, you have to help.” With that the boy threw himself, sobbing, onto Murdock’s exposed shoulder.

Murdock reached down and picked up a rock with his power fist, “Murdock help.” He activated the servos in his fist, “Murdock CRUSH raiders,” and crushed the rock to powder. He looked at the boy, “Do you know where raiders are?”

The boy wiped his eyes, “My dad said he was worried about the raiders at Golden Beach. He’d seen a couple of them around before.”

Murdock set the boy down, ready to head to Golden Beach.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 20 2017, 07:24

Murdock arrived at Golden Beach. There were ships that were beached at random intervals, some less than a hundred feet distant, some at more than a thousand. There were many small vessels, tugs, schooners, and the like, which wouldn't hold any raiding party of any significance.


Murdock picked a ship at random, a small research vessel, that had several decks, was mostly upright, and looked fairly secure. He started looking for signs that there were raiders nearby, or in any of the ships really.


Murdock gets a +5 to perception.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 20 2017, 07:24

The member 'Murdock' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 93
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Sat Dec 23 2017, 13:40

It seems you were lucky.

Out of the many ships, the small & broken research vessel harbored the captors. You see figures patrolling the boat, there aren't many, but enough to take a farmer and his daughter captive. With your astute eyesight, you spot two figures patrolling the deck. Though it's hard to tell, you can assume they're holding rifles.

Your eyes catches flickers of movement within the ship itself. Shadows passing the windows. The many distant creaks of the ancient ships makes the shadows seems otherworldly. Combined with the danger, it's a chilling effect. Your experience and intuition tells you that the prisoners are probably in there, along with who knows how many guards. It may not just be the farmer & his daughter in there.

On the ground in the blazing sand, three guards mill about, obviously talking to each other. They seem to be carrying shorter range weapons, though you can't tell what. They're too close together. This hive of scum & villainy haven't spotted you yet, so it is possible to sneak around and slip in the back. Experience tells you that these raiders probably want caps...or the daughter. Or both. Regardless, charging in there could get the hostages killed. If you have enough caps, you could probably pay for their release and whoever else is being held prisoner.

(Sneak around the back & slip into the ship) [AGL+LCK]

(Convince the guards to let you see their boss) [CHA+LCK]

(Charge in and fight your way to the prisoners) [Enters Combat]

(Offer to pay for the Farmer & his daughter) [300 Caps]

(Offer to pay for all the prisoners) [600 Caps]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 03:04

Murdock saw the raiders, and felt his blood start to boil again. it was raiders that stole his before time. it was raiders that turned Traitor against him. It was raiders. And Murdock wasn't about to let the off easy.


Murdock fired up his dash pack, closing the distance almost instantly. he targeted the raider furthest from the boat, trapping the other two between a rock, and himself. as he approached in meter long strides, he drew back his fist, and let fly with all the rage, strength, and hatred he could muster.

Attack is 1d100+120((str(11)+luck(1))x10)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 03:04

The member 'Murdock' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 39
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Raider   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:17

Stealthy, you are not.

As you charge the group of raiders, they notice you and dive to the sand, being showered in it as you crash to the earth. They're separated and you turn to the one by himself, the ship looming above him like some great undertaker. You fly at him, bringing your mighty fist back in preparation to pound him into the dirt. The raider's instincts kick in and he dives to the side, attempting to avoid your wrath!


1d100 + ((7+3) x 10) = 1d100 + 100
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Raider   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:17

The member 'Bad Karma' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 40
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Injured   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:30

Your fist smashes the raider's leg! He screams in agony and face plants into the sand. The leg is quite clearly broken.

1d20 + 11 + 10 + (1x2) =
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Injured   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:30

The member 'Bad Karma' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d20' : 7
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:31

You do 30 damage to the raider! He is quite clearly incapacitated and will be down for the rest of the fight.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 07:39

(my dash pack causes my attack to do double damage)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 09:44

(You barely hit him though, so I'm halving the damage.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 10:58

(I thought it only got halved if the toAtk - toDod was 0? I should be at plus 19)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Tue Dec 26 2017, 16:28

(I halved it because your to hit was only 19. It was too low for me to give you full points.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:32

In the halls of the ship, the raider's scream is heard. His comrades rush to see the commotion, lining the railings of the ship like vultures on a wire.


The two remaining raiders on the ground raise their weapons, a double barrel shotgun and a 9mm pistol. They separate and begin to circle you. The one with the pistol holsters it, scooping up the spear of his downed comrade. He doesn't dare take his eyes off you. The air is thick with tension, the raiders up in the ship watching like a pack of hungry wolves.

The raider with the shotgun fires at you!

1d100 + ((5+3) x 10) =
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Gun shot   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:33

(Rolling for shot)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Gun shot   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:33

The member 'Bad Karma' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 21
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:36

(The To Hit for the raider is 101. Would you like me to calculate your to dodge?)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:46

(Sure)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 27 2017, 11:46

The member 'Murdock' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 78
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Bad Karma
Admin
avatar

Posts : 116
Join date : 2017-11-29

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Wed Dec 27 2017, 15:32

The raider fires her shotgun, but you are much quicker. She gasps as the lead flies through the spot where you were, your large size lulling her into a false sense of security. She growls and quickly goes to reload her shotgun. (She will be vulnerable for one turn.)

Up above, the raiders have begun to chant. A rhythmic war drum, a guttural march they make with their voices. These criminals live to fight in any way, shape, or form. They revel the violence of the wasteland.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Murdock

avatar

Posts : 63
Join date : 2017-11-28
Age : 29
Location : East Coast

Character Screen
Level: 1
Health Points:
335/335  (335/335)
Experience:
340/500  (340/500)

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Thu Dec 28 2017, 03:55

The rhythm of war pulses through Murdock's veins. and She-Raider will serve as his outlet of violence. Murdock roars deafeningly, drowning out the chanting from above, so all she could hear was a vein chilling demon screech, his fetid breath washing over her.


Murdock threw his whole body into the strike, aiming not for her chest, but for the space behind her chest, and triggered the power fist as he struck.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overseer
Admin
avatar

Posts : 512
Join date : 2017-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   Thu Dec 28 2017, 03:55

The member 'Murdock' has done the following action : Dice Roll


'1d100' : 61
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://fallout-nukaloha.forumotion.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]   

Back to top Go down
 
The Farmers Daughter [Murdock CLOSED]
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Secret Daughter Of Professor Blake
» Sylvania Summers, daughter of Hephaestus
» This RP Invitation is Closed. Thank You.
» The Bet (Closed)
» Sherlock has a daughter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here. :: 
O’ahu
 :: 
O'ahu
 :: Farmsteads
-
Jump to: