Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.
Fallout Nukaloha: Wish you were here.
Welcome to Fallout Nukaloha! A Fallout Roleplaying forum set on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Register and Log-In to see all the features and start playing.

Fallout Roleplaying Forum set 250 years after the Great-War on the Post-Apocalyptic Hawaii. Will you be able to survive and endure the Hawaiian Wasteland?

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Rat Stomping

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 24 2018, 10:20

The member 'Ronny' has done the following action : Dice Roll

#1 '1d100' : 62

--------------------------------

#2 '1d100' : 10
Back to top Go down
https://fallout-nukaloha.rpg-board.net
K8-43

K8-43

Character Screen
Level: 2
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN4128/128Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (128/128)
Experience:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue310/500Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (310/500)

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 26 2018, 05:49

The screeches of fear that the Rat King had emitted upon being startled nearly burned themselves in to K8-43's mind, as did the immature words it spoke. The synthetic couldn't help but glance at Akoni out of the corner of his eye, only to notice the lights in the basement go out. Before long, surrounding them were hundreds of little eyes, casting light upon where the entire group stood. The fact that this may be his last ride didn't go past him, causing him to grit his teeth. If they didn't resolve this diplomatically, they will be eaten alive by an entire swarm. Cold sweat ran underneath his skin, as a fear took hold of him the likes of which he hasn't felt in many years. He aimed his rifle at Akoni, and had his finger on the trigger to attempt to kill him, had the super mutant not intervened. In a shocking display of personal strength, he put away his rifle to ease negotiations once more.

There was no attempt to fight back if they were completely surrounded like this, in his eyes. He tried his best to keep his voice strong and clear, despite his primal fears screaming at him to run. His words held a harsh, scathing tone. "The nature of all living beings is to leave a solid mark on the landscape of history. You can see attempts of it all around us, in the food you eat, in the shelter you keep. In my many years of life, I have not seen another being such as yourself. Not amongst the Deviants, not in the various towns I've traveled through. There is a radioactive bomb set up on this level, I will not tell you where. If we aren't to be seen up above, it will be detonated and thus, is out of your control if you kill us. Devour us alive, rend the skin off of our bones and parrot yourself as a champion, it will not change what is to come." He took a moment to breathe, before continuing to speak.

"We made an arrangement with the owner of this establishment, who wasn't aware of the full nature of your presence here. Your kind is seen as pests, who eat anything, and have no lordship over the places they attempt to visit. Naturally, they would hire competent exterminators to wipe you out, it was a matter of time. You barely tolerate us in your domain, why would they? If you let us go, we will smooth things over with the people upstairs. All you'll have is my word, but that is better then the alternative. Tell others your story, make your mark on history."

[1 AP: Talk] K8-43 uses plot-specific elements of the story in order to attempt to secure his (and others) continued survival.
1d100 + 5

Last edited by K8-43 on Mon Feb 26 2018, 05:57; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 26 2018, 05:49

The member 'K8-43' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'1d100' : 83
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyMon Feb 26 2018, 11:44

After Akoni's missed shot all of the eyes shifted in place, the attack sent them into a fear frenzy, all the rats were attempting to run all at once yet at the same time were incapable of exiting the room, as they were anchored by the Rat King's power.

The running only lasted for a few instants, countless of screeches and red lights jumping up and down, exposing themselves and hidding from sight. The result of it all was a maddening whirlwind of lights and noises.

It all went out, both the noises and the lights, sudden darkness filled the room. There is a reason of why even in a world filled with both corporeals and incorporeal dangers like beasts and radiation people fear the darkness. The truth is that if you stare into the void long enough the void stares back at you, and something unknown inside of you awakens, something that should never be provoked no matter what. [+20 Points of Insanity to everybody]

Everybody on the room spoke attempting to convince the Rat King of reaching a deal, but for a moment that felt like an eternity no answer came from anywhere. The darkness and the silence were finally broken by the Rat King, his sickly glowing eyes and his disturbing mind-voice were something appalling to witness, but right now they felt welcome.

"Your voices speak strange words, but we can sense truth among them. The rats and I have reached a conclussion. You are not Cheezy Gods, but couriers of an angel from beyond, the true God of Food and Drink. He wanted us dead, and with a good reason. He was generous with us and we simply ate and ravaged his sacred lands. Tell him that we want to repay the countless generations were we acted like heretic heathens. We owe the God our eternal gratitude and lives. Go, couriers, and tell him."

With that said they all went into hiding, leaving all of you own your own.
Back to top Go down
K8-43

K8-43

Character Screen
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN4128/128Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (128/128)
Experience:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue310/500Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (310/500)

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 07:04

K8-43 remained silent after their negotiations succeeded, not moving an inch from where he stood. The silence was deafening, and the void that took hold of everyone in the room remained suffocating. His shoulders and core tensed as his invasive thoughts ran wild for the moments he was there, in the dark.

They are going to find you, little bird.
It's amusing, all of this. Really! You think that you helped anyone here?
If you killed it, you'd be more satisfied. Blood staining the floor, who doesn't want that?

They will bring you back home.

They will rend your thoughts, your very being, in to a mighty pulp. Nothing shall be left but a shell!

As soon as the intensity of the moment hit its crescendo, it passed. The android relaxed, letting out a breath he didn't even realize he was holding at the time. He reached out a hand to the cold wall behind him, reassuring himself that they could find a way out. "Found the wall, follow the sound of my voice." He spoke to the others, as he began humming a simple note so they could find him with relative ease. He followed the wall, his fingers feeling every crack and crevice on it, telling of its age. Before long, he found the stairs, prompting him to turn around, stop humming, and speak to the party again. "We're good to go, the stairs are over here." He said, slowly walking around to position himself by the side of the stairs and help guide them towards the exit.
Back to top Go down
Kaui Williams

Kaui Williams

Character Screen
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN496/96Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (96/96)
Experience:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue280/500Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (280/500)

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 07:23

The swirling, hypnotic chaos of thousands rats fleeing was too much for Kaui. He doubled over, desperately trying to cover his ears in a futile attempt to stop the barrage of voices never spoken to begin with.

You didn't save them.

You let t͡hem d̷ie

Y͠ou͢ f̸ąì̧led͢ ̛͡th̵̛e͏m

After a few moments, the voices faded to static, Kaui regaining his composure after a few more.

In his usual, intense -- albeit less genuine than usual -- voice, he finally managed to speak. Following the voice of K8, he eventually managed to make his way to the stairwell.

"I don't suppose any of you have a smoke? After that, I think I need one."
Back to top Go down
Akoni Kahue

Akoni Kahue

Character Screen
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN4130/130Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)
Experience:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 Left_bar_bleue280/500Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (280/500)

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 07:27

Akoni drops his chin towards the floor, before throwing up his hands slightly flustered. He nods silently, even though nobody could see it. The medic sets a hand on the crude stitching work he had done on his own chest, scratching the shoddy work a bit. He lets out a loud sigh, shaking his head to himself as he walks back towards Kane's voice. Akoni leans himself against the wall with a groan, maybe the rat did more to his chest than he cares to admit. Maybe he was groaning at his own stupid decisions in the encounter. Either way he keeps his shoulder to the wall of the cellar as he follows the man towards the staircase, stopping every couple feet to feel around for anything he could trip over. It takes him a decent while to reach the stairwell, and when he does he sits down on the first step. Akoni sets the side of his head against the wall and gives a sigh of relief.

"I am glad that is over, I hate rats." The medic chuckles to himself a moment, talking to nobody in particular. It takes him a moment to stand back up, keeping a hand over his chest. "I will need to use disinfectant..." He mumbles to himself, before looking towards the steps of his companions. "If anybody else requires first aid, I beleive I can help." With that he begins the ascent to the top of the stairwell, glancing back at the cellar near the top step. He shudders. "Smoking is very bad for you, I hope you realize" he says, and spits, before fumbling around and knocking on the secret door they had entered through a few times, hoping the old ghoul hears and lets them out.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 13:27

The old Ghoul barman opened the door and flashed a flashlight from the other side, giving you all enough illumination to find the stairs and ascend up.

"Lights are gone and I cannot hear gunshots or screams, what happened down there, you guys did your job?" He says pointing the flashlight towards the remote control that activated the radiation bomb.

After seeing that all of you were more or less alive he simply shrugged and completely opened the hatch that lead to his bar.

"Good, because without energy I cant activate the bomb and I'm terrible at bluffling."

Most people outside had already left, without electricity there wasn't any lights and all the jukebox and radios were dead too, so people simply went home to sleep or find fun somewhere else. The only ones who stood behind were those too piss drunk to walk on their own or asleep on the ground.

"So, what is it? Can I go home happily or do I still need to kick out the poor devils in there and use all the leftover booze to do molotovs and burn all of this to hell and back?"

He seemed eager to know the answer, despite of what you told him he would leave Hawaii, he was dead set on that but it was clear that the old man felt attached and kinda nostalgic to the place. He missed his hometown but he would miss the bar even more, he had spent most part of his unnaturally long life in here after all.
Back to top Go down
Akoni Kahue

Akoni Kahue

Character Screen
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN4130/130Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (130/130)
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 14:08

"Rats are gone, I think. They convinced them to leave" Akoni jabs a thumb towards his companions, walking over to a table to sit at. He rests against the tabletop and rubs his temples. It was a disgusting, painful, and slightly humiliating affair, but the job was in fact done more or less. The medic sets his bag of supplies on the counter and starts digging through. He pulls a small notebook out of the pouch, as well as a pencil. Akoni leans back in the chair and starts feverishly jotting down notes in the little journal. Akoni stays silent as he writes, tapping his pencil against the table every couple words for seemingly no reason. It's not like he can even really see that well, no power and all, so it's unclear what he's actually jotting down.

While sketching, he mumbles things under his breath.
"Sutchers... Rat... Rifle... Disenfectant..."
His words as always sound extremely odd, strained, like he's not used to speaking at all. The medic finally sets the notebook down and scratches at his beard, turning to the party with an eyebrow raised.

"How are we going to split they pay."
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 21:57

Johnny Utah looks at Akoni and shrugs.

"Give me a second to see the damages."

He then gives a quick glance at the basement, seeing some bullet holes on a few food boxes, but with most of the area undamaged.

"Well, the people left around several caps, I haven't counted them yet. But I will take about 20 caps from there to repay the damages."

After a while his flashlight illuminates a rat, which quickly scurries behind some boxes.

"Oi!" He screams, as he searches for more rats "You thought you could fool me? I can see several rats in here! Go down and kill them all!"

OFF ROL: I'll roll 4d100 to calculate how many caps you might earn. The result will be the total caps, so you will have to split it in four.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 28 2018, 21:57

The member 'Overseer' has done the following action : Dice Roll

'1d100' : 79, 66, 100, 94
Back to top Go down
K8-43

K8-43

Character Screen
Health Points:
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01 2018, 03:14

K8-43 remained at the bottom of the stairs, looking up to the hatch. It opened up completely to reveal the roof of an equally dark Mutant Muscle, and saw Utah Johnny illuminate the stairs for the rest of the group with his flashlight. He walked up the stairs, knowing that the rest of the group wouldn't have any issues with finding a way out like before. He ended up being a little late to the slight back-and-forth between Akoni and Utah Johnny, but evidently caught enough of it to garner an annoyed expression on his face. The synthetic remained silent as Johnny looked down the stairs to the basement in order to give it a quick glance, lightly shaking his head as he got Utah's response.

"Don't listen to this man." He spoke to Johnny, gesturing a finger at Akoni, "He doesn't know when to stop running his mouth." He stated matter-of-factly, and remained respectful as he was facing Utah Johnny, explaining the situation. "We had an encounter with a rat that could speak to us. Instead of killing off their nest, we negotiated with them to make a deal. They wish to grant you their undying loyalty in fealty to you, and asked me to deliver this message to you. This leader, this rat I've mentioned... he is intelligent. I can't imagine a better outcome for you, considering their numbers."
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01 2018, 03:54

Johnny raised his crusty and decayed eyebrow when he heard K8-43 speak, he then became silent for a second, thinking to himself before nodding.

"I believe you. I heard him many many times before, both with my ears and my...mind." He whispers, tapping his head.

"I thought I was going crazy due to the age, hell that was on of the main reasons I wanted to return, I would never forgive myself if I ever died before returning home."

He sighs and sits down on a chair, the sound of creaking echoed across the room as he did but it was hard to say if it was the old wood or his ancient bones the ones who creaked.

"I've heard it too now, his voice, but it was distant, like a small whisper. I guess because it was directed to you and not to me... Hey giant talking Rat, can you hear me?"

"I do. We are yours to command. Guide us to prosper lands filled with food and we will protect you with our lives and a unending loyalty."

With this said hundreds of rats went out all at once, flooding the entire bar and looking at you all from all directions.
Back to top Go down
Ronny

Ronny

Character Screen
Health Points:
Rat Stomping - Page 4 1J4tKN4227/227Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty_bar_bleue  (227/227)
Experience:

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01 2018, 08:19

Ronny just stood for a moment, still reeling from all that had unfolded. Dealing with the rat king invading his mind had taken quite a toll on the mutant. He could barely keep any thoughts together; he instead stood motionless in the basement with tears streaming down his deformed, green cheeks. It's almost as if he could still hear the echoes of the void in his mind. The echoes culminated in an overwhelming peak of fear, an intensity which he had not felt since his days being punished by the High Evolutionary.

Just at that moment, the door leading out of the basement swung open, and now some light pierced through the thick darkness that had filled the basement earlier. Ronny was able to snap out of the trance he was in and looked up at the light. As if it were instinct, he turned and rushed up the stairs and through the door, his large frame clomping on the wooden steps, almost knocking K8 over. Ronny broke through the light and was now standing in the bar with Akoni and Utah.

Relief washed over Ronny's entire body, though he could not describe the feeling if asked. His regular thoughts began to return to his head and, as if without thinking, he reached for his radio and turned it on. "Aloha Oe" began to waft out of the speakers and through the air. Ronny let the smooth tune carry him to a calm place and closed his eyes and smiled. He walked over and sat on the floor against the wall and held the radio up to his ear, tuning out everything else that was happening.
Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 01 2018, 23:58

The next hours passed quite merrily. The bartender became happy with how things had developed and quite eagerly let your group to rest, sleep and eat and drink as much booze as you wanted, patched the people who were wounded and decided to reward each one of you with 80 caps.

During the following hours he drank and chatted with all of you while telling stories about how Utah looked, at leas before the war and the many adventures and strange happenings he lived during his almost three centuries of life while stranded in Hawaii. He talked about how he had a dog called Albondiga and how the fat dog only did tricks when rewarded with food, this gave him an idea and attempted to do the same with the rats, which surprisingly learned the mechanics and became quite obedient when rewarded, specially if it was with junk food. In no time and between laughs he managed to train the rats to do several actions, including quite incredible acrobatic acts. Some tears started to form on his eyes, it was hard to say if they were because how much he was laughing or perhaps due to a great sense of nostalgia.

Before any of you could notice the sunrise came. The food, drinks and laughs helped your body and mind heal and ultimately you all felt good as new.

Johnny then stood up and stretched, making several bone cracking sounds as he did. It was clear that it was time to go, he had to finish collecting all his caps, food and items before his great journey.

"Thanks for saving my bar, it would have been a real pity to turn this into a radioactive glowing hole, but the rats were too many, and were a risk for the people of the island..." He muttered, hoping to not offend the rodents.

He said goodbye feeling glad and happy, knowing that he would return home and have a small army defending him, and army that could also double and act as something like a circus troupe and do tricks to entertain the wastelanders of different cities and earn some caps that way. He would still have a very long journey to do, but it was clear that he would never live a dull or boring moment.

Shortly before saying goodbye someone knocked on the door, it sound quite desperate. "Hey, hey! Are the guys who killed the rats still there? I need help!" the man screamed with a voice that sounded broken and teary.

Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02 2018, 00:00

QUEST FINISHED! GOOD WORK TEAM!

I'LL CLOSE THE THREAD AND SHARE THE REWARDS AS SOON AS I CAN.

THE NEXT THREAD WILL ALSO START ASAP.

Back to top Go down
Overseer
Admin
Overseer

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 02 2018, 11:45

RESULTS

Quest reward: 100 EXP.  
Good Ending Bonus: 100 EXP.

Everybody wrote extensively and worked hard on detailing the different surroundings, thoughts and acts that their characters did. Bonus: 50 EXP.

Akoni:

Ronny:

Kain:

Kaui:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rat Stomping   Rat Stomping - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rat Stomping
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4